Saturday, May 03, 2008

Hallelujah! (should that read "Yahoooooo!"?)

Steve Ballmer just sent out an email to all Microsoft employees notifying us of the withdrawal of the takeover offer for Yahoo. I guess it finally dawned on him that they don't like us and they were going to do everything in their power to stop this process. I am happy to have a chief executive who is capable of pulling back from the brink.

Update: Apparently Yang & Co. were in Redmond today to try to close the deal. That and other interesting tidbits are found here.

Mini-msft (as always) provides the most honest insider view of the situation. Jives with everything I've heard.

1 comment:

Luther said...

Perhaps he saw your earlier link about his lack of success in acquisitions MHA.

I could not see value gained in this particular one.

Did he hear a whisper in his ear from Bill I wonder?

No matter... he did still make the right decision. There may yet be hope for MSFT.