Saturday, February 25, 2006

Final Proof The World's Gone Mad


Oh good Lord, I didn't know what to make of this article when I ran across it in the Uk Edition of the Hindustan Times (don't even bother asking how I got there). It reports that the award-wining Indian director T Rajeevnath wants to cast Paris Hilton as Mother Teresa in an upcoming film he is making.

Paris Hilton as Mother Teresa?

No that can't be right. Surely the reason given in the article, that the director was impressed by her because she wouldn't pose nude for Playboy, was a dead give away that this was some sort of a satire piece and I was just missing the Indian humor of it.

Time to Google on "Mother Teresa" and "Paris Hilton" and restore my rapidly dwindling faith in the sanity of the human race. Oh, the horror of the results page of that query!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This has to be a joke.

flenser said...

Show of hands here; how many think Paris Hilton is attractive?

I've always thought she was a skank.

chuck said...

I've always thought she was a skank.

Me too, but that picture isn't bad. Bit skinny for me, though. 'Course, bit young and ditzy also come to mind.